Saturday, June 6, 2015

It's Finished!

I finally finished my zombie quilt for the #zombieapocalypseswap2015 on Instagram! I'm really happy with how it turned out. The fabric did fight me in a few places when I free motion quilted the dripping blood, but I don't think that its enough to ruin the whole thing. I had a lot of fun free motioning the back too.... check out the heartbeats and the little zombie hand at the bottom. I almost didnt bind it but turn it inside out like a pillow.... but at the end I gave in to the quilt police and bound it. It kind of covers up some of the art though.... oh well. I quilted it with invisible thread by Sulky. That was good and bad. It was good because it didnt cover up any of the appliqué. But it was bad because - well lets face it - that stuff is a pain in the ass! I bet I had to rethread a dozen times before it was finished. Whew..... back to my Aurifil, thank you very much!
(All piecing and FMQ was done with Aurifil 40wt thread)
#aurigirl4life





****UPDATE: Since this posting things have changed a bit. I have created another mini for my swap partner and have decided to KEEP this beauty for myself! :)

zombie drool and rotten brains, ZQ

2 comments:

  1. well duh, I thought I published, who knows! looks marvelous, you done good

    ReplyDelete