Thursday, June 25, 2015

A zombie gives a gift to a zombie hunter...

Not gonna lie - the whole am is pretty excited to go to Walker Stalker Con this Saturday! So in just a few days we will get to meet some of our favorite stars from The Walking Dead.... unreal! Being the fans that we are, my zombie-kiddos and I decided that we could not meet Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) empty handed! I started working on a new version of my "bird quilt" that I could got our favorite zombie hunter with on Saturday. Here is the result....



It isn't exactly like the first.... but I like it. Hopefully Norman will too - who knows, maybe it will make it into his next nook! He just released a book called "Thanks For All The Niceness" that is compiled of pictures of 100 different things that fans have given him. You can get the book here: http://bigbaldbook.com. I especially think the lady who sent him one of her breast implants was pretty interesting.... and Norman, being Norman - kept it and used it as a cell phone stand. LOL.... But anyway, back to my quilt! So I appliquéd the hand and then used some free motion quilting with my Juki monster to highlight and accentuate things. Then I quilted words and phrases into the negative space around the hand.... words like "Triumph" (his motorcycle), "NMD" (his initials, "Eye in the Dark" (the name of his cat), "Chinatown" (where he lives in NY), "chocolate" (one of his weaknesses), "Big Bald Head" (the name of his production company), and "Mingus" (the name of his son). Hopefully making it personal will keep it from the burn barrel, lol....



Since Norman is so into cats, I used some fun cat-newspaper fabric to back the quilt. I always get a laugh when I read this fabric! And for a change, I actually remembered to put a label on it!



OH I forgot to mention that on the sleeve of the hand I wrote the initials TWD, which of course stands for The Walking Dead and drew a little crossbow!



The zombie children wanted in on the game too... so they helped me create a cute little zombie pouch. The outside has the wording from the hospital doors that Rick found in season one (Dont Open Dead Inside), and I lined it with zombie fabric.... so literally when you open the pouch - there are dead inside! LOL The girls are filling it with hershey's kisses since Norman is a big chocolate lover... they said they wanted a chance to tell all their friends that they gave him kisses for real - haha!



So, I would say that the zombies are ready to hit the Walker Stalker Con this Saturday -- very excited!!! Will keep you all posted!

zombie drool and rotten brains, ZQ

6 comments: