Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lets Get Real For A Sec....



So lets get real for a sec.... one of the main reasons that a lot of us joined in on the modern craze is because we like doing our own thing. We like beating our own drumbeats on our own unorthodox homemade drum that we built from an online video tutorial that we found on Pinterest.... yep, thats us for the most part. So, if most of us like doing our own thing and not following the staunch rules of others.... than why are we now ok with signing up for strict rules and guidelines from the new crowd regarding what we create? I for one am not a fan of the quilt police - most of us say that we aren't... but all of a sudden we are ok with people dissecting our creations and telling us whether or not they are cool enough to fit in with the "in" crowd? I've seen a lot... Ive seen some snobbery and what basically boils down to a quilting version of mean girls. If you aren't in the "in crowd" then you can't share my toys..... well boo boo for you! Who gives a severed head anyway? I just wanna get back to having fun and not caring about whether or not what I make measures up for EITHER side. If my creations fit in one of your boxes today and the next one fits into a different box and the third won't even fit into a box at all (it ate too much chocolate and got fat)... who cares? Why do we base our worth on what the "clique" thinks anyway? I'm done with the high school drama. I'll be 40 this year and its time for me to start flipping the bird to the haters and loving life on my own terms. I invite you to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment